To play this lesson, click on the link below:
To know more about different lessons, please visit www.turtlediary.com
Hope you have a good experience with this site and recommend to your friends too.
Verbs are parts of speech that show an action or state of being.
Jumping, singing, playing, etc.
In a sentence, the verb usually explains what the subject is doing or feeling.
- Sam eats pizza. (explains what Sam is doing)
- Carlos walks slowly. (explains what Carlos is doing)
- Marla mixes the batter. (explains what Marla is doing)
There are two main types of verbs: action verbs and being verbs. Action verbs show a physical or mental action, something that a person can actually do.
- Tori hits the tennis ball.
- Mark catches the ball.
- Alisha plays the game.
- Henry tickles the baby.
Hits, catches, plays, and tickles are all things that a person can actually do. So, these are called the actions verbs.
- Verbs are one of the eight main parts of speech. They show action or state of being.
- Selena feels hungry.
- The dog barks at the intruder.
- Verbs that show an action are called action verbs. An action verb is something you can do.
- I like cheese ← Not an action verb
- I eat cheese ← Action verb